Studies- Text

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Building Connections


A friend asked me what are you passionate about these days? I answered something quickly off the top of my head answer but I kept thinking about it.  That night I woke up in the middle of the night thinking…

I’m passionate about connections. 

I’m a connector! 

I’m a networker! 

I’m a community builder! 


I have been so frustrated since returning to Chicago I can’t do any of that... well not very well. 

I am looking for new connections. I am looking for more people like me, where I am today, not where I used to be or where I hope to be, but the today me. 

Jewish single over 45.  

I need some new friends, new connections. Not to bemoan the fact, but covid has made meeting new people (as well as people I already know) so much harder.

So after realizing I needed to find people, I started doing my research. Of course Google told me everything I needed to know about Jewish Singles over 45… all dating apps. Hmmm Matchmaker Google, not exactly what I am looking for, let’s try again. Facebook to the rescue, I found a handful of Facebook groups, joined them and now what? I even wrote to the administrators of each of the groups explaining more of what I was looking for and [asking] what they were hoping to accomplish. It was close, but not a match. 

See what I did there;-)


I believe if you want something and you can’t find it, build it, create it. Tada! Introducing 

Anu Me to We: Creating connections for Jewish singles 45 to 65.


Anu in Hebrew means us/we. It is pronounced ahh new- yep, new. 

We will be creating something new. Re-imagining connection/ community during this time.

Anu will be social, educational, and of course networking.


I already roped a couple of friends into helping me create this new idea. I am hoping more of you will help me too.  Here are at least two ways you can help.

If you fit the bill… Jewish, single and between 45-65 please fill out this form.

If you know someone you think might be interested in my idea, please forward them this blog. How about your Rabbi? Please send it to them too. Or send me info and I'll reach out.


In this strange new world we are living in, Anu is giving me a bit of hope for the future. 

Until next time, 

With Ahava (love), 

Tamy


P.S. Anu is Hebrew for we, when a bunch of me’s come together we create we.


2 comments:

  1. If anyone can do this important connection, it's YOU Tamy! Good luck and every blessing!
    Love to you, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Tamy! Building community is so important! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete